Sewer Build Over Agreement

If you are planning any type of development, building something new or expanding an existing building, you should check to see if there is anything underground that can be affected, i.e. water or sewer lines. Our real estate research team can provide maps showing the location of our assets. If we agree that you can build public sewers, be sure to provide sufficient access points to the canal concerned (wells and break-in points). Ideally, buildings and extensions should not be housed where they would remove an existing access point. If this is not feasible, we can accept the transfer of an access point outside of the proposed evolution. Sometimes problems arise when owners try to sell their property, which is built in part or entirely through a public channel. Conservatories and extensions are the usual criminals. If a Build Over Agreement was not obtained when the work was done, then the water company has the legal right to enter the land to reach the canal, even if that means demolishing the building above the canal. However, if possible, the water company will avoid the damage and look for other ways to enter the sewers, but the risk remains. If a construction agreement has been reached, the water company has no right to remove or demolish the structure above the sewers. According to the government`s latest recommendations, we have decided to close our offices to prevent and slow the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. However, it is important that none of these authorizations give you automatic consent to the construction or proximity of a water company`s sewers.

For this reason, we have a building above or near the team and process in place; Work with you to ensure that your development can continue, while ensuring that your property and sewers are protected. During the extraction process, a drainage search is usually conducted to determine if there is a public channel below the site. You can apply for your construction contract online. You can also send us a paper or PDF application by email or mail. These requests should be addressed to us through the following addresses: We have an agreement or “protocol” with a number of LABCs and certified inspectors that gives them the power to authorize potential build overs on our behalf, provided they meet certain criteria. If the proposed construction requires not to fit into our criteria or if the inspector has doubts about the proposals, they will cause us to degenerate so that we can speak directly to the developer to give advice and agree on the next steps. We are responsible for the protection and maintenance of sewers on our territory and it is really important that we protect them for all our customers and future generations. Sewers are often within the confines of private property and sometimes close to buildings.

This entry was posted in Senza categoria. Bookmark the permalink.